There is a flurry of activity to mobilize for the October 2, 2010 One Nation Working Together rally in Washington DC. One of the largest coalitions of progressive organizations in our life time has come together to demand a people’s agenda from Washington DC. This gathering on 10.2.10 provides an important opportunity for peace and anti-war activists to work closely with and support other activists across the progressive political spectrum and to spread our message and voice our demands:
Jobs, Peace, Justice
Bring Our Troops and War Dollars Home
Fund Jobs, Not War
End War, Rebuild America
End the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan Now! – Bring Our War Money Home
Momentum is building as hundreds of thousands are preparing to bus, drive and fly to DC to be part of this historic event. You can help in these next two weeks.
Things to do:
- Use our leaflet to encourage people in your community to come to Washington, DC on 10.2.10 http://www.onenationforpeace.org/materials/fliers-posters
- Register your bus. If you are organizing a bus or know of one, please make sure it is registered. It must be registered to get a parking permit. Registered buses are posted on the One Nation website where people can find them so they can Get On The Bus for 10.2.10. Please do so by Friday, September 17. http://www.onenationworkingtogether.org/page/s/bus-info
- Request a Table – The deadline for a free literature table is Friday September 17. http://www.onenationforpeace.org/logistics/literature-tables/
- Visit www.onenationforpeace.org to learn more.
- The Peace Table – a coalition of more than 70 national and local peace groups that has been organizing within the peace and anti-war community for this mobilization – will gather in two places in Washington, DC on 10.2.10.
9:00 am – Volunteers to help distribute thousands of peace posters are needed to gather at the rally site near the Lincoln Memorial. Our volunteers will be in spots that will ensure our peace message is seen by our allies and the media. People who sign up to help out will be sent the details.
10:30 am – Constitution and 14th, the Peace Table feeder march gather to march to the rally site. Posters will be provided with the above demands.
- We need 300 volunteers. Nothing is more important than getting out our message in support of our allies. Our message and demands strengthens the efforts of our allies to push for jobs and investment in people. We need help to pass out posters to rally attendees at the rally site, in the bus parking lot and metro stops. Read Peace Promotion Plan, Volunteer here!
This is an extremely important moment in our struggle to end U.S. wars and put our nation on a track of peace and prosperity. But it is only the beginning. No matter how many people show up on 10.2.10 there will be much more work to do. But a large and dynamic turnout for Oct 2nd in DC will help make the path a little smoother and the energy a little higher to do this most crucial work. We look forward to seeing you there.